Friday, January 25, 2013

Yoga Love

I've been practicing yoga off and on for the last nine years or so. Since moving to WJ, my practice has been limited to at-home-only. Which really means I've basically stopped doing yoga. There are a number of excuses- cost, timing issues, a weird pain in my shoulder, laziness... But now I'm finally saying ENOUGH. So I found a rec center very close to our neighborhood that offers a screamin' deal on passes for unlimited attendance to monthly drop-in classes (LESS THAN $25 A MONTH!!). They also have very inexpensive childcare and do not require a membership/contract. I'm having trouble talking Aspen into letting me leave her with a bunch of strangers for an hour while I do yoga, but I'm working on it. When I first started attending (yoga and Zumba classes) I went to the late-night classes and the Saturday morning classes so Kev could stay home with Aspen. We'll see how things work out when Aspen gets left, screaming, in the daycare room. It can't be too embarrassing to leave class to attend to my hopeless little one, right? Having a regular practice again makes such a huge difference in my life. I feel better physically, obviously, but I also feel so much better mentally. I get to feel like I'm doing something 100% just for ME and not feel guilty about it.
And I can't wait to teach yoga again.