Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Yogis United

On Saturday I had the privilege of hosting Yoga at my home. I have a shaded patio in the mornings and I miss teaching so much that I decided to have some free classes outside while the weather is still good. Four women came to join me in saluting the sun while listening to the neighborhood birds waking up (and a little bit of Mumford and Sons playing on the iPod). It was the perfect way to start the day.

It felt so good to be leading a practice again. I mentioned to the ladies that in my year away from teaching, I've still had personal practices during which I mumble the cues just so I wouldn't forget. I'm grateful for the chance I had to share my love of Yoga with others, and hopefully I gave them a good experience that opened them up to future encounters with it. As long as I can keep coordinating childcare responsibilities with Kev, I hope to keep offering free classes (he not only did his dad duties during Yoga, but he made pancakes for me and Sophia to stuff in our faces when we were done!).

So let me know if you're interested in coming and we'll see what we can plan for the coming weeks. And just for fun, you could click over to Freeport Yoga Company's Facebook page and "like" the photo I submitted this week. They give a pose for the week and ask fans to send in photos, so I gave it a go. I have a really cute little helper with me so you at least need to click over to see her ;).

Namaste.

You can also find me on:

No comments: